Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cheeseburger Pie in a New Light!

Yes, you who are faithful readers know about my Cheeseburger Pie, but I'm writing with the gals at Indiana Family of Farmers for a Table Talk, and we were asked to recreate a recipe using our new lighting knowledge and tools.  I'll reshare this great recipe and throw in a couple more just for fun.

So, if you search for my Cheeseburger Pie recipe, you are going to get a couple of hits, but let's look at a picture of my  TO.DIE.FOR.PIE....


Hmmmm....... it kind of looks dead doesn't it?  It's still the same delicious pie, but the lighting was all wrong!

Let's try some better light a la my new light and some editing on the ol' picture program........



I think this one is my favorite picture...


What a difference a change of lighting makes in your food presentation here in the bloggy world!
Here is the recipe:

Cheeseburger Pie

1 pie crust, baked
1 lb. hamburger (or a bit more!), browned and de-greased
3/4 C. onion (TG doesn't like 'em so I left them out.  I LOVE onions!)
1 large can mushrooms
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 C.  shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C. milk
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. Italian seasoning ( I used "a bit" more than that!)
1 C. pizza sauce
1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

Pour all ingredients except pizza sauce and mozz. cheese in a baked pie shell.  Bake for 40-45 minutes. at 350.
Take out, add pizza sauce over pie, and bake 10 minutes more.
Take out, cover top with mozzarella cheese and set back in oven to melt (TURN OVEN OFF!)

Remove when cheese is melted and serve!

You can click here to see how I put it all together back in November 2010~!

Just so you know I can cook other meals, I'm going to share a few more of the goodies I've been making and baking:

Pulled Pork in the Crock Pot!

This is SUPER SIMPLE!  Put a pork loin roast in the crock pot with a can of root beer, Coke, or even beer, and cook it until it pulls apart with two forks.  You can add BBQ sauce if you like or just enjoy it in the yummy juice

And Yes indeedy!  I finally made my friend Jent's awesome Apple Cookies!  You can find the recipe by clicking here and going over to visit her blog, From My Front Porch for a while!



Then I got a little creative with some left over chicken breasts, mushrooms, pesto, cheese, and the newest creation from that cute little dough boy:


These dudes are COOL!  You don't have to try mushing the cresent rolls together to form a sheet!  Somebody over at Pillsbury is thinking 








I think my food pictures are getting brighter and more edible-looking.  The family is enjoying my renewed interest in the kitchen too.  Thanks again to Indiana Family of Farmers for providing me with this very cool light.  It really does make a difference!

So what are you cooking in your kitchen?


I am participating in Indiana's Family of Farmers Table Talk Series and received a gift in exchange for my participation.








Pin It

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Photogenic food!

Michelle said...

I need to make those crescent roll chicken things! They look so good! I do the same thing with pork sirloin. A favorite in our house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Real Time Analytics